Thanks to gnuplot it didn’t take much to add this feature. Results are quite impressive already.
Screenshot taken on Linux OS, showing map from Impreza Diesel JZ2F401A:
Some gnuplot features I’d like to point out:
- free and open source
- Easy and fast to install on Linux as distro repos have packages.
- interactive window (rotate, zoom, scale and move z-axis)
- tons of features e.g. contour lines (scientific background, PDF manual has 220 pages)
- Easy to script and template.
- Supports many output formats. Besides interactive, my personal favorite is SVG – pure vectors and high quality printout. I recommend Inkscape, some Linux distros have it pre-installed.
- Can read binary data directly, that’s what we’re using in this case (matrix of 32-bit floats).