- Zoomable data view (Ctrl+Scroll, Ctrl-Plus/Minus, Ctrl-0).
- Nested categories similar to files & subfolders.
- SSM2 via CAN or serial connection. CAN is just great – can log 100 items and still get a decent sample rate…
- Fast formula engine (compiles formulas at runtime, supports complicated expressions like if-then-else e.g. for gear calc)
To do or to consider:
- Log into (zipped) CSV file.
- Add diagnostic and maintenance procedures, especially for diesels.
- ROM-specific database system to include RAM variables.
- Graphs/dashboard views.
- Items can have tags – in case categories, IDs, description and search capability is not enough.
- Include more control units and protocols (VDC, BIU, TCU, OBD-II, CAN, …)
- Save binary data and replay in offline mode.
- Priority groups (especially useful for slow serial protocol).
- Include GPS data stream.
- Plugin system
Note: Even with just basic features, it may take months till first public release, all depends on contribution we get vs. resources.