Couple of points:
- No guarantees on any information and software.
- There are no products to be sold on this site.
- We don’t reveal confidential data. Also, no technical data of real value to other manufacturers. (No complaints so far.)
- SDC does not get any income from linking to other sites/products or publishing this website – any ads you might encounter are due to free hosting on wordpress.com.
- This site was originally founded to combine efforts, publish useful information and create free applications. Turned out there are too few people capable or willing to contribute or donate.
If you have any useful data (ROMs, ROMID/ECUIDs, links to specifications, PDFs, pictures, etc.) please get in touch!
Greetings and thanks to all contributors!
I, subdiesel, main author of this site, do not own a Subaru Diesel car anymore, stopped DIY extensive research and development a long time ago. However, I still do stuff for all kinds of Boxer Diesel models every now and then, effectively covering all generations from model years 2008 (Euro 4) to 2017+ (Euro 6). In recent years I am also applying deep system knowledge to other Denso diesel based brands like Mitsubishi, Mazda, Nissan and Toyota.
Help in car diagnostics etc. is possible, depending on the subject. For example, reading a control units RAM yields thousands of values, order of magnitudes more than standard OBD-II and proprietary diagnostic protocols have to offer. Interpreting such data and/or properly modifying stock firmware requires source-code-like understanding however. In other words, I don’t do cheap or risky hacks.
Over several years I have been working for multiple car tuning software companies in various countries, also covering completely different car brands. BMW for example where hacking strong cryptography (RSA signatures) is required.
Due to spamming, comments from new users have to be approved first, meaning it might take days for new comments to appear. Depending on the subject it might be better to post in Subaru specific forums instead.
Email might change, check current address here first:
Languages: English and German