Detailed manual, latest version (directly from GitHub source, branch “master” which is where official releases are based on):
Included in official binaries .zip downloads, see below.
ScoobyRom_<version>.zip which contains all necessary files to run the application. Tested on Linux and Windows.
Extract .zip file into an empty folder, main documentation is included (open
General Release Notes
- Read documentation carefully – it might overwrite existing XML files without asking!
- Windows (10 and others?) requires a re-login after installing GTK#. Otherwise nothing happens executing ScoobyRom.
- If application still does not seem to launch (no app window, no error message) it is probably due to missing/wrong GTK#.
- ScoobyRom v0.7+ is designed to work with gnuplot v5+ (new/different commands compared to v4). Tested and therefore recommended is latest version which is currently v5.0.1.
- gnuplot terminal (UI window) “wxt“, which is the default, seems to have a window-resize bug. I recommend selecting “qt” in installer. You can also set operating system environment variable
GNUTERM=qtyourself at any time. “qt” seems to be faster as well.
- Please provide feedback, best to include version information of:
- operating system
- .NET / mono runtime
- I would like to know if it runs on Mac OS X (screenshots anyone?).
- So far ScoobyRom XML format is unchanged – you can revert to older versions if needed.
- If you find this software useful consider to “share/like” this page (see “share this” buttons at bottom) as minimum feedback and motivation for future work!
Version v0.8.2 (latest)
What’s new in v0.8.2:
- Export as TunerPro XDF format.
- Support for ROM type SH72531 (1.25 MiB = 1280 KiB size)
- Display Reflash Count if known/available (Properties-window).
What’s new in v0.8.0:
- Navigation bar visualisation.
- Additional columns (conversion: Multiplier & Offset or NaN if not used; Axes locations: XPos, YPos)
- Select all/none
- RomRaider definitions export: choose whether to export all/selected/annotated tables.
- Roughly 3 times faster when scanning whole ROM.
What’s new in v0.7.1:
- Dynamically adjust icon size (
Ctrl-+, Ctrl--, Ctrl-0)
Edit -> Copy Table: Can paste values into existing RomRaider table, spreadsheet app (LibreOffice Calc, Microsoft Excel), text editor etc.
What’s new in v0.7.0:
- Added display of 2D table values (left bottom).
- Integrated 2D plot is now interactive (zoom, pan, stretch axes etc.).
- Improved documentation, now in Markdown (binaries .zip also contains .html)
- Faster ROM processing, caching entire file.
- Added table data type “UInt32”.
- ROM metadata scanning capabilities (strings etc., mostly for future versions)
- Icon size can be specified in .config file.
- Minor bug fixes, replaced deprecated Gtk# usage.
- Updated gnuplot handling (UTF8 – special characters) and templates, tested using gnuplot v5.0.1.
- Refactored and removed lots of duplicated code; .NET 4.0 C# v3 compatible.
- Does not write into app directory anymore, therefore e.g.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ScoobyRom\"is fine.
Download old v0.6.3 (2011-09-19) here:
Notes for v0.6.3:
- This old version was designed for gnuplot v4. It also works using latest v5, 3D surface plotting might not be perfect though.
GNU General Public License v3. Read online + more information here: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html