- SSM1 (old, MY ≤ 1999 and therefore petrol only)
- SSM2 via Serial (K-line, 4800 baud)
- SSM2 via CAN (based on ISO 15765-2 / ISO TP)
- Extended OBD-II (based on ISO 15765-2 / ISO TP)
- Necessary for Euro 5/6 diesel models for any maintenance operations (other than simple ECU reset)
- Required for MY2014+ petrol models as SSM2 is not implemented anymore.
- OBD-II: Usually much less items to look at compared to SSM protocols.
- KWP2000 (ISO 14230): Needed to communicate with several secondary control units (Euro 4 diesel at least): BIU, VDC, Power Steering, …